A new design suggestion which I want to implement before the next play test:
Each wall section will have two spaces next to it: 1 for Income Generation and 1 for Wall Construction.
So instead of having only 1 spot for activating Income for a row, you would now have 2. This change would make these actions more intuitive, more elegant and work better thematically.
Here are some more suggestions that will not be implemented, but are sitting in the hopper and may be used depending on how the changes above affect game play:
Instead of the Monuments being worth Victory Points at the end of the game, the player gets a card from a bonus deck
Every time a player builds a new Monument and places it on one of their buildings, they get to draw 2 cards from a bonus deck, keep one and place the other at the bottom of the deck.
- 1 VP for every black meeple building you own
- 1 VP for every orange meeple building you own
- 1 VP for every blue meeple building you own
- 1 VP for every red meeple building you own
- 1 VP for every yellow meeple building you own
- 1 VP for every Construction building you own
- 1 VP for every $3 building you own
- 1 VP for every Income Generation building you own
- 1 VP for every Wall Construction building you own
- 1 VP for every Mason/Worker building you own
So at the end of the game, players would announce the bonus Victory Points they received because of the building tiles they owned that matched the Bonus card. The player who bought the last Monument would not have choice of bonus cards. So another incentive to buy Monuments early because they could buy building tiles that matched their bonus cards.
To make the Purchase Area make more sense thematically, the player needs to supply a worker and $1 to get a building from this area.
This means it will cost a player a minimum of $2 to place a purchased building tile on the city map board: $1 for the purchase, and a minimum of $1 for the Land Levy to place it on the board.